Dates for your Diary 2023
Saturday 28 January 2023
The A Team: Awesome Autism/ADHD (inc Girls Parent/Carer Support Group)
- EVENT NAVIGATION
- For Autistic and/or ADHD girls (age 5-18) who live, or attend a school, in Berkshire. We have a few tickets for non-Berkshire girls.
- Topic: Quiz and Boardgames.
- Back by request from the girls – we will be doing a quiz and board games.
- Main room – Quiz for girls aged 8 and over. Ideas from the girls for the quiz topics are welcome if you sign up by 14th January to give Mary time to email you and create the questions.
- Side room – There will be crafts and board games for those that do not want to do the quiz and those who are too young.
- Date: Saturday 28th January.
- Time: Primary and Secondary Age session: 10am-12pm.
- Price: £10 per Berkshire child (aged 5-18). We have a small number of tickets available for non-Berkshire children at a cost of £12 per child. Please book an attendee place in your CHILD’S name.
- Parents and carers may stay on site and attend our Autistic/ADHD Girls Parents/Carers Support Group. You can attend the support group without a child attending The A Team. Please book a Parent/Carer ticket. We are unable to accommodate children, other than those attending The A Team session.
- The event will be facilitated by PSC Practitioners Mary van der Merwe and Amy Plumer.
- Please let us know if you book a place and then cannot attend so we can allocate your place to someone else. Please note this event is non-refundable.
Monday 6 February 2023
Helping Neurodivergent Children and Young People to Thrive: Professionals
- EVENT NAVIGATION
- This workshop aims to increase your understanding of neurodiversity and consider how best to help neuro-divergent children and young people to thrive.
- It will cover:
- • The concept of neurodiversity and different neuro- minority groups
- • Different neurological conditions that commonly co-occur with autism and ADHD
- • Strategies to support and enable neuro-divergent children and young people
- • The medical & educational services that may be available.
- Date: Monday 6th February
- Time: 10am-12pm
- Cost: Berkshire Professionals: £20, non-Berkshire Professionals: £25
- The workshop will be delivered by Dr Ruth Moyse, specialist parenting practitioner & Neurodiversity advisor at PSC. Ruth completed her PhD in autistic girls absent from mainstream secondary schools. She is a Visiting Fellow with ACoRNS at the University of Southampton, a Research Assistant on the Autistic School Staff Project at the University of East London, and a Mentor for Scottish Autism’s Affinity project.
For any more information please email
For any other enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit the website https://www.parentingspecialchildren.co.uk