This year we have six wonderful students from Year 6 leading the way as House Captains. Throughout their years at Churchend School, our House Captains have stood out as shining examples of our school values, leading by example and playing an active role in our school community. The role requires commitment and dedication and we are lucky to have such a willing team to support their houses in the coming year.
House Captains are elected through a democratic voting process by their peers, demonstrating how valued and respected they are in their own class community. For each house, one boy and one girl are chosen as House Captains.
Characteristics of House Captains
- Polite and well-mannered
- Organised and committed
- A confident speaker
- Well-presented in uniform and appearance
- Able to liaise and converse with staff, students and the wider community
- Desire to act responsibly and to be a role model for other students
- Be caring, mature and honest
We expect you:
- To be a positive role model and ambassador for the school, demonstrating Churchend Values.
- To be enthusiastic and committed to the House System at Churchend Primary School
- To be friendly and positive with all students, particularly within your House.
- To be part of the team of House Captains who work together to achieve success for all.
- Lead and support the children of your House in a variety of House Competitions
- Work closely with the School Council, providing ideas and support for competitions and House related activities
- Help organise and lead regular House Events and Competitions
- Collect, monitor and announce House Points
- Inspire the children of your House
- Be an excellent role model in behaviour, attitude and dress at all times
- Be available for ‘out of school’ events such as sporting fixtures, fairs, after school bake sales etc