Home Page

School Admissions information

Parent School Tours for Entry - September 2022:


We will be conducting a series of parent school tours for those parents looking at entry into Reception in September 2022.  Tours need to be booked either by phone 0118 9375450 or email us on with your choice of date.  We show small groups of parents around so booking is essential.

Dates are:

Monday 1st November - 2pm

Tuesday 9th November - 9.30am

Weds 17th November - 11am

Thurs 25th November - 10am

Friday 3rd December - 9.30am

Monday 6th December - 10.30am.

Tours will last about an hour.  We look forward to welcoming you to our school.


Admissions Policy

Churchend Primary Academy is a vibrant and exciting school for your child to grow, learn and become the best possible version of themselves.


We are a two-form entry academy and have 60 places each year in our reception classes, 48 across our nursery class. We occasionally have places available in other year groups so please contact us if you are new to the area or moving schools.


We also offer Breakfast and After School Clubs to support families with childcare arrangements. Please see the link on our website for more information. 


Primary School Admissions are administered by our Local Authority, Reading Borough Council, and we adhere to their processes and policies for administering places fairly. In the event of there being more applications than places available, then Reading Borough Council apply our oversubscription criteria.


If you would like your child to attend our academy, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.




Contact Details for Appeals:

The web page parents should go to for submitting their appeal online and for information on the appeals process is: