Dear Parents/Carers( Sent to staff)
Members of SLT are communicating daily to ensure that we are continuing to follow the most up to date advice and guidance from the DfE and Public Health England as well as taking into account our own pupils, families and staff so that we will act in the best interests of our entire school community.
Current advice is that the school remains open. While that is the case, we will continue to operate as normally as possible, following measures we have already put in place to address containing the spread of the virus, with the addition of new guidance published today:
- Share factual information with the children in order to reassure them and promote healthy hygienic practices.
- Continue to ensure frequent and good handwashing practice in all children which needs to be supervised by a member of staff.
- All Non- Essential contact should be avoided. This is the latest from the government today 16/3/20. We are taking this advice to cancel training and functions that may bring in big groups of people.
- There will be no further whole school or key stage assemblies in the hall. These can now be class based, discussing school values.
- Clean regularly touched items and surfaces more often than usual with normal cleaning products.
- Monitor children and staff for signs of illness (continuous cough, high temperature)
- If a child or member of staff shows signs of the virus in school they will be sent home.
- When a child is absent from school due to self-isolation this absence will be authorised and recorded in the register as Y (exceptional circumstances).
- If you are unwell and not able to come to school, please let us know ASAP.
We also want to make sure that we look after each other and take care of our staff community. One of the greatest strengths of our school is the way in which we support each other. With this in mind:
If you or a member of your immediate family has medical/health conditions that makes you more vulnerable please make sure a member of SLT/Admin knows.( Staff only. All children’s health conditions are on our database.)