Our science topic this term is light.The key learning objectives for this unit are to:
- recognise that light appears to travel in straight lines
- use the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain that objects are seen because they give out or reflect light into the eye
- explain that we see things because light travels from light sources to our eyes or from light sources to objects from where it is reflected in to our eye
- use the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain why shadows have the same shape as the objects that cast them.
- recognise that light can be represented by drawing ray diagrams with arrows correctly showing the direction in which light travels.
- appreciate that white light is made of many colours that can be observed in rainbows, bubbles and through refraction in prisms.