1. On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 08:57 a.m, Ella Middleton, a past pupil from Cheltenham wrote:
Hi, I went to churchend primary school with my sister Chloe (24) and My brother James (22) about 10 years ago. My sister is now married and lives back in reading with her husband, james is engaged- due to get married in september. And as for me- I am now training to become a primary school teacher. I would like to thank, Miss Dixon, Miss Jenkins for always supporting me in year 3/4 (I know they have left) I would like to thank Mrs Hill for her constant encouragement. And a massive thankyou to Mr Pearse who always used to read at the end of maths at the end of the day. You read 'Private Peaceful' to the class, and only yesterday, I was reading it to my class of year 5's aswell. Me and my brother remeber so clearly what an amazing teacher you were and I am so happy you are still working in the school. It's also nice to see Mrs Covington is still the receptionist- such a wonderful lady. Her daughter louise was in the same year as me and her sister laura was good friends with my brother James. Wish you all the best for the years to come and I recommed that every child goes to Churchend. They will support and encourage you to the end!!!
2. On Monday, December 08, 2014 at 6:45 p.m, Amy Davis, a past pupil from Reading wrote:
I would love to go back!
3. On Sunday, December 07, 2014 at 8:18 p.m, Tamera, a past pupil from Reading wrote:
Missing Churchend so much. Was an amazing school. I'm now in year 11 and I'm going Farnborough next year. The school has changed so much!
4. On Tuesday, December 02, 2014 at 7:03 p.m, Chloe es Elliston, a past pupil from Tilehurst wrote:
I loved churchend wish I could go back for a day
5. On Tuesday, November 04, 2014 at 12:58 p.m, Grace Tatam and Callum Stratford, a pupil from Reading wrote:
We've actually got ourselves a job! Thank you for everything! We always reminisce on our days at churchend.
6. On Friday, September 12, 2014 at 08:42 a.m, Paul Healey, a pupil from Emsworth, Hants wrote:
Having left Churchend in 1979 I still have very fond memories of my time. The size of the playing fields never ceased to amaze me.....
Anyone who left in 1979 is welcome to get in touch.
7. On Monday, August 25, 2014 at 07:48 a.m, Dr Mukesh Kumari Mohan, a parent from Reading wrote:
I would like to thank Mrs Dethridge and all of the members of staff at Churchend. You played a key role in educating my daughter, Manisha Mohan. She passed 10 GCSEs this year with 5A* grades and 5A grades. I am greatly indebted to you Mrs Dethridge, as you offered her so much hope and nurtured her talents in your wonderful school.
8. On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 5:27 p.m, Holly, a past pupil from Reading wrote:
I soooo miss Churchend just wish I could go back
9. On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 9:21 p.m, Tal, a past pupil from Reading wrote:
I just started Year 9 and even in my third year away from Churchend I still miss everybody. Thanks so much to Mrs Golledge, Mrs Parietti, Mr Pearse, Mrs Clark and Mrs Dethridge for giving me such a great start for GCSEs - I wish I was doing them at Churchend!
10. On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 8:24 p.m, Amy Davis, a past pupil from Reading wrote:
I miss Churchend so much!! I Can't wait 'till the 2nd issue Of Churchend Chatter comes out.
1. On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 4:54 p.m, sidra, a past pupil from reading wrote:
Hi missing churchend soo baddly and hope everyone is ok also missing the teachers and all my friends who have started secondary missing veryone aooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 8:12 p.m, Esha Rajesh, a past pupil from Reading
...Hi Churchend!.. Missing every1 sooo much! I'll come there very soon!!! :)
3. On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 7:30 p.m, Sidra, a past pupil from reading wrote:
Hey! I've recently started secondary school and miss Churchend soooooooooooo much. Hope evryone's ok byee
4. On Thursday, September 06, 2012 at 3:15 p.m, Sarah, a parent from Tilehurst wrote:
My daughters have been coming home raving about the new hot meals.Brilliant idea to do them yourselves.can parents book one too?
5. On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 11:21 a.m, Dave, a parent from Tilehurst wrote:
Thank you to all the Year 6 kids for putting on a great nights entertainment for us parents last night.It was brilliant.I can't believe that my boy has become so confident and I know he wouldn't have done so well in his tests if it wasn't for that school.Thank you.I will be very sad not to be coming up the school anymore.I'll miss it.
6. On Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 5:40 p.m, Jane, a parent from Tilehurst wrote:
Thank you so much everyone for Sports Day today.So good to have a traditional,competative one.The children are all obviously proud of their Houses.Well done Sutton. Thank you also to the cooks for giving us the lovely food to taste.At £2.00 for a two course ,homemade meal I am definately going to make sure my children have a cooked hot lunch every day from September.It was delicious.
7. On Monday, May 28, 2012 at 7:54 p.m, Brooke Watkins, a pupil from Reading wrote:
Love the website! This is first time on it!
8. On Saturday, April 07, 2012 at 4:20 p.m, Amy, a pupil from Reading wrote:
9. On Monday, March 26, 2012 at 12:14 p.m, Anna, a pupil from Reading wrote:
Sports Relief day was really fun.I liked seeing Mr.Pearse climb the tree and doing my mile with my little brother.Thank you Mrs Allen for putting all the lovely pictures on the website.I showed my nan on Sunday.
10. On Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 2:25 p.m, Ellen, a parent from Reading wrote:
Thanks to the teachers who have been giving my son extra help after school.It's really boosted his confidence and I can see that he has really come on.
1. On Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 12:11 p.m, Rob, a parent from Tilehurst wrote:
Excellent Cross country results this week.Winning the trophies for the 6th year running(every year since the competition began) is an amazing achievement.Well done to the children and the teachers who got the children to that standard.
2. On Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 3:11 p.m, Alan, a parent from Tilehurst wrote:
My child started at Churchend quite recently and I must thank you for making sure they settled in so well.They are so happy and doing so well.Wish I had had the chance to get them into the school earlier.
3. On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 1:54 p.m, Tracey Khan, a general visitor from PS wrote:
What a great website
4. On Wednesday, December 21, 2011 at 11:31 a.m, paul, a parent from Calcot wrote:
The school website is great. I couldn't make my daughters Christmas production but I have just seen her in the photos of the event.I know it wasn't the same as being there but felt part of it anyway......thank you Churchend.
5. On Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 5:42 p.m, Zainab, a pupil from Reading wrote:
I can't wait for Christmas! And by the way the Christmas dinner was lovely! I hope everyone has a Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year
6. On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 12:36 p.m, Lynn Gower, a parent from Reading wrote:
Loving the new website.
7. On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 3:20 p.m, ishika, a past pupil from india wrote:
Hi I am Ishika and I was from Year 4 .I did half of Year 4 and came to India. I really miss Churchend and I want to come back.Churchend is really the best school I have been to.I miss, Miss Fletcher and Mrs Parcel and my lovely friends ( Rachel, Lilla and Holly) ,actually my whole class.
8. On Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 10:27 a.m, Rob, a general visitor from Reading wrote:
Just looked at the new website.It's brilliant and so informative.This school seems to pack in so much for the children every day.They are very lucky!